Monday, May 1, 2017

Author Interview for the ADRIFT tour

Author questions:

1.  What made you want to become a writer?

Twilight.  Something about Twilight inspired me.  It got me into reading again and it made me want to try to write.  I know there are a lot of Twilight haters out there, but the simple romance of Bella and Edward had a big impact on me.  

2.  What is your favorite/least favorite part about writing?

Favorite part: When the words are flowing and I'm in a writing groove.
Least favorite part: When I get stuck.  It happens from time to time, when I can't decide which direction to take my story.  I'll stress and write/rewrite, having the hardest time getting past a certain scene.  I always make it past those parts, I just hate the time I waste getting through them.  

3.  On average, how long does it take to write a book?

Five months!  Depends on the story though.

4.  Can you describe the basics to your writing process?

First, I come up with a basic concept.  Then I come up with the characters.  From there I just start writing.  I'll always have a general idea of how a book will end and some key scenes playing in my mind, but other than that I don't plan ahead.  It's better (for me) to let my characters surprise me and drive the story.

5.  Who is your favorite character from ADRIFT and why?

Ben! I actually had been dreading writing Ben's story for a very long time. That's part of the reason I haven't released a novel since 2015. But once I started writing, and got to know Ben a lot better myself, I fell in love with him and his story. I hope you all love Ben just as much.

6.  What is your favorite scene from ADRIFT?

The crab scene.

7.  Tell us about your cover art.  Who designed it? 

Sommer Stein of Perfect Pear Creative Covers designed it. (facebook.com/PPCCovers) I adore her covers, everyone of them, and she's done all of mine except for my first novel's cover.

9.  Excluding the characters from your own novel, who is your favorite book boyfriend? 

In the NA genre: Logan Reed.  (From Tammy Falkner's Tall, Tatted, and Tempting.)
YA: Jace Wayland 
Adult: Eric Northman
(Wow, didn't realize how much I liked blonds until just now.)

10.  How can we contact you to find out more about your books?

I have a website: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com
Or email me:  sarahdarlingtonauthor@gmail.com

11.  What can we expect from you in the future?

I've already started writing my next novel. At the moment, I'm calling it I HATE THAT GUY. (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34529341-i-hate-that-guy) It's about childhood friends, seperated by circumstance, who reconnect with the man decides this girl he once knew is 'the one'. Except when he goes to find her, he finds out that she's a prostitute now.

12.  Do you have any tips or advice for other writers?

Write everyday! If I can write a book, anyone can.  All it takes in practice, more practice, and a slightly obsessive personality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment